Late spring is a great time to dust off your tree stands and make sure they're still safe and operable before taking their more permanent place for the fall. Here's a quick checklist to reference and keep you safe.
1. Platform & Seat: All cast aluminum products come with a Lifetime Warranty. If, for some reason, your platform or seat is cracked or broken, contact us, send it in, and we will replace the entire Hang On.
2. Straps: Straps or belts should be checked every year to ensure they aren’t frayed or worn by weather or rodents. We recommend replacing these belts every two years—especially if you leave your stand hung in the weather and elements year-round.
3. Cables: Check the cables that attach the stand platform and post for rust and wear. Because of how we make our cables, rust should be minimal, if present. We recommend replacing cables every five years, depending on how much weather and outside elements they endure.
4. Offset Bracket: The Offset Bracket on the back of the stand is aluminum and will not rust; however, it can become loose over time. Be sure to check the nut and bolt that attach the Offset Bracket to the post, and make sure it is as tight as possible.
5. Hardware: Plastic hardware, including our Versa Buttons, Leveler Knobs, and washers, are subject to wear from rodents - depending on how long they are left in the elements. Be sure to check plastic parts and replace them if needed. Bolts and nuts are also subject to rust and wear, and although it may take quite some time, it is possible. If you have had your stand for more than five years, we recommend checking all your connections for rust and hardware tightness.